Bill and I attended our first (and most likely last, barring an amazing State-playoff game opportunity, which is highly unlikely) high school football game of the season.
Homecoming '11.
I'll have to admit, I loved it. The weather was perfect. The halftime entertainment was enjoyable. The game was won.
Cheyenne was up for Duchess on the Homecoming Court. Her mom and brother Dakota (Tay's high school bud) escorted her onto the field. One of her good friends beat her out of the title. Bummer.
However, three of the eight winners were Mormon kids... that's awesome.
However, three of the eight winners were Mormon kids... that's awesome.
I had to snap a pic of the marching band. They are really, really good.
It brought back memories of the old days:
Bill even reminisced about being on Chap's Movers and Shakers Pit Crew.
circa 2004
Saturday night was the dance. Since Shi and Lex were going in different groups, and their pictures were scheduled at the same time (natch), Bill and I divided up the parental picture-taking duties.
(Note: Here in CO, it's tradition to have your group meet together before the dance for pictures. As far as I know, pictures are not offered AT the dance. Some host parents go ALL OUT, and put out a major spread for the kids and parents. Some don't. I also love how kids attend the dance with or without dates. That way they can all participate, even if they aren't allowed choose not to date until they are 16.)
I covered Shilo's pictures. The mom hosting Shi's group did the biggest spread I have ever seen. She had a beautiful home, and was a friendly and generous host, even if I only had water from the dispenser on the refrigerator (it was a "no" to the numerous varieties of wine and beer she listed off, but thank you anyway). I should have gone for the shrimp cocktail... it looked amazing... but none of the other parents were really eating. Just drinking. I didn't want to look like a pig, you know?
(In all fairness, not ALL of the parents were drinking alcoholic beverages. At least two other parents had refrigerator-dispensed water, like myself. One or two politely declined any beverage. But still, the food remained virtually untouched by any of the adults, despite the host's insistence. Kind of like when people stand around a buffet, not wanting to be the first in line, but hovering around, waiting to at least be the second or third.)
(In all fairness, not ALL of the parents were drinking alcoholic beverages. At least two other parents had refrigerator-dispensed water, like myself. One or two politely declined any beverage. But still, the food remained virtually untouched by any of the adults, despite the host's insistence. Kind of like when people stand around a buffet, not wanting to be the first in line, but hovering around, waiting to at least be the second or third.)
Shi and Chey.
Bill did the honors for Lexee's pictures.
(This picture is a little humorous because Hailey's date originally asked Lex, and Kelsey's date originally asked Hailey. I guess it all worked out. I hope.)
Friend pictures are my favorite: Lex and Hailey.
Lex and her date Caleb.
(I love, love, love this picture of Lex. She looks so gosh darn happy.)
Lex and Kelsey.
Everyone had a good time, and I am relieved to have all the build-up, pressure, and anxiety behind me. Being the mom is stressful.
Prayers and blessings go out to my niece Calle and Aunt Bennith, and their families.
We love you guys.
Prayers and blessings go out to my niece Calle and Aunt Bennith, and their families.
We love you guys.

Your girls look darling.
ReplyDeleteDoes your area do the whole "day date" before the "prom date". It's a lot of pressure on these kids. What happened to just going to dinner then the dance?!
You have the best looking kids that I have ever seen!!
ReplyDelete