The week{end} flew by.
I spent Saturday at Lexee's track meet. All day. It was in Colorado Springs, so I left around 9:45 (she left at 6:30), and we returned together around 5. Did I mention that it was 80+ degrees on Saturday? As I was heading out for my hour-long drive to the meet, I chided myself on not bringing a coat, gloves, and a blanket. Hadn't I learned my lesson last year, freezing through meet after meet, one at the very track I was heading to? I knew the forecast was for warmth, but I still thought, perhaps, I should have been better prepared.
Once at the meet, I started to roast. The gradual, slow kind of roasting, that you realize only when you start smelling the perfume human hotness, and sweat starts to drip. I removed my hoodie. Then the burn began. On my right side, the side facing the glaring sun. Unprepared and without sunscreen, I eventually wrapped my hoodie around my arm, hoping to protect it from that blistering, peeling kind of burn. I was too late.
Lexee performed well, and we deemed the meet a success.
Bill stayed home to watch/record General Conference, and supervise the final day of house painting.
(Have I mentioned that I couldn't sleep Friday night due to 1) being awakened at 2 am by Mauri, needing a lengthy re-tuck into bed, 2) blustering winds causing the large sheets of plastic taped around the windows to loudly flap incessantly, and 3) anxiety over my paint-color selection?)
The house looks nice. I am getting used to it. It's not quite what I envisioned, but it's growing on me. I'm coming to accept the fact that my house is green (a very dark green), and it will be for the next 10 years, barring relocation. And, in the {end}, house color doesn't really matter. It's certainly not worth losing sleep over, for pity's sake.
On Sunday we held our traditional biannual Syddall General Conference luncheon. We had a larger group than normal, but it all went smoothly, with plenty of food left over.
Outside it looked like this:
Good thing, I needed a long-sleeved shirt to cover my farmer-burned arm. (I'm still feeling the burn.)
Once those awesome conference sessions were over, we measured the kids. Tradition.
The {end} results: Mauri has grown an inch in the past year, Lex has not grown at all, and Shilo is now as tall as her mamacita. We marveled at the kids' overall growth since our first measurement, back in April 03.
Spring break has come to an {end}, so sad to see it go. As for my wish list, I'm thinking about a 75% success rate. Could be worse.




I love the house, I think it looks great!
ReplyDelete